Assistant Town Clerk
Please note that this position is filled
Our client, a rapidly growing municipality on the South Shore of Montreal, is looking for a Assistant Town Clerk to complete its team of legal affairs department and city clerk’s office.
- Full time, Permanent
- La Prairie
- Salary based on experience;
- Possibility of working from home 2 days a week from the end of the probationary period;
- Minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days and office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day;
- Group insurance;
- Stimulating work environment that combines autonomy and teamwork;
- Bar fees, trainings and corporate memberships are covered;
- Defined benefit pension plan;
- Partial reimbursement of cell phone subscription.
- Bachelor of Laws;
- Ideally four (4) years of experience in civil litigation or municipal law;
- Member of the Quebec Bar or the Chambre des notaires;
- Thoroughness, autonomy, proactivity and team spirit.
- Working independently on files related to the management of the City’s insurance portfolio and insurance claims as well as access to information requests;
- Working collegially with the Town Clerk on legal opinions;
- Counselling Elected Official on various matters involving the municipality;
- Overseeing the work of the Archivist with respect to the conservation calendar.
You have experience in civil litigation or municipal law and you would like to be a part of the day-to-day operations of a fast-growing municipality? Send us your application as soon as possible!