Coordinator, Legal Services
Located in Montreal, our client is one of the largest English school boards of the Province of Québec. It is looking for a Coordinator, Legal Services to join its team.
- Full time, Permanent
- Montreal, Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
- Thirty (30) days of paid vacation;
- Generous pension plan;
- Health insurance program;
- Stimulating environment with various challenges and promoting collaboration as well as teamwork.
- Member of the Quebec Bar;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience, particularly in contract law;
- Rigour and great priority management;
- Autonomy, adaptability and ability to find solutions;
- Interpersonal, diplomatic and political skills;
- Perfect oral and written bilingualism (French and English).
- Act as an advisor to senior administrators and school and center principals;
- Respond to and provide legal opinions in relation to the application of the Education Act, Act Respecting Contracting by Public Bodies, and other laws applicable to the education sector;
- Design and coordinate an effective internal control system for contract compliance to ensure that the organization complies with the rules prescribed under the Act Respecting Contracting by Public Bodies;
- Draft and review agreements, contracts, legal opinions and reports;
- Represent the organization before civil and administrative courts, or work with the organization’s outside counsel;
- Present training workshops on topics of interest to the organization.
Are you known for your diplomacy and interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy dealing with a variety of legal issues and want to work in a stimulating environment? We want to meet you!