Labour Relations Specialist
Please note that this position is filled
Our client, an independent union working in Montreal whose primary mission is to represent professionals, is looking for a Labour Relations Specialist to complete its team. It is a great opportunity to stand out to make one’s talent shine and thrive on a long-term professional standpoint.
- Full time, Permanent
- Montreal, Downtown
- Human Resources
- Stimulating environment with various challenges, that advocate collaboration and team work;
- Competitive salary;
- Work schedule of 35 hours/week and possibility of remote work;
- Three (3) weeks of vacation and two (2) weeks closing of offices on holiday;
- Full line of insurance paid by the employer;
- Attractive retirement plan.
- Certificate in labour relations, degree in paralegal technology or other relevant fields;
- At least two (2) years of experience in labour relations and good knowledge of statutes on labour and union environment;
- Flawless French;
- Great command of the Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Recognized for his proactivity, steadiness, keen sense of organization, and capacity to manage several files simultaneously;
- Compassionate and shows ease when working in teams.
- Manage and reply to e-mail requests from union professionals, or dispatch them to colleagues;
- Ensure the management of the schedule regarding activities connected to labour relations;
- If need be, take part in investigations regarding harassment with service to members VPs (prepare the file, ensure follow-ups, take part in meetings, etc.);
- Contribute to the management of the collective agreement part (attend to negotiations and renewal of collective agreements, take notes, etc.);
- Do thorough research and gather information to make recommendations to labour relations committees;
- Analyze and compile various data to produce detailed Excel reports that will be presented to various scales of the company;
- Manage files regarding labour relations and ensure follow-ups;
- Write and update various documents (letters, memoranda, boards, manuals, etc.).
You are passionate about labour relations and want to work with professionals as much passionate as you are? You are solution-oriented and demonstrate intellectual curiosity? Do not wait any longer and apply!