Our client is Vietnam’s leader in high-end car manufacturing. To provide him support through his global expansion and the launch of his range of smart and completely electric SUVs across Canada, United Stated and Europe, we are looking for a Legal Counsel, whose will be working in his Montreal’s offices.
- Full time, Permanent
- Modern and professional environment where you’ll work with and learn from highly specialized and dedicated experts from all over the world;
- Competitive and equitable salaries that recognize your experience and expertise;
- Generous group insurance benefit package to employees and their eligible dependents;
- Wellness Spending Account to promote an active lifestyle and a healthier workforce;
- A flexible working culture enabling the employees to adjust their work hours;
- An RRSP contribution program to support the employees in planning and managing their financial well-being into the future.
- Bachelor of Laws and Member of the Quebec or Ontario Bar;
- A common law training (JD) is considered an asset;
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience working in a law firm of in-house legal department of a known company;
- Solid understanding of the PIPEDA, GDPR, and related statutes, the common law and civil law as they pertain to privacy;
- In-depth knowledge of international, federal, provincial, and state laws and regulations regarding privacy and data security (e.g., CCPA/CPRA, GDPR) (asset);
- Experience in drafting and negotiating service agreements;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines while demonstrating great meticulousness;
- Excellent ability to grasp legal issues quickly and provide practical and constructive legal advice in a time-sensitive and complex global environment;
- Agility, great ability to influence and remain calm under pressure;
- Front-end ability on all company’s levels;
- Hope for improvement of processes and value creation spirit.
- Provide legal advice and support on privacy initiatives and technology matters, technology transactions, corporate affaires, real estate issues, litigation management, labour law, etc.;
- Offer guidance to technology teams and business leaders on the privacy, confidentiality, legal and other risks associated with the development, operation, and implementation of technology systems and innovations and working collaboratively with business leaders to develop practical solutions to address those risks;
- Support the update/drafting of privacy policies, guidelines, and training tools in connection with cybersecurity and privacy compliance;
- Analyze and advise on the compliance of the activities of personal information processing projects within the framework of Data Protection Impact Assessment and propose remedial measures;
- Cooperate with the DPO to identify discrepancy or lack of conformity for the processing activities in production as well as the proposed remedies;
- Participate in the management of “Data Protection” & Data Privacy disputes: risk analysis, management of relations with lawyers, collection of evidence from operational staff, drafting of letters and formal notices, drafting and validation of transactional protocols;
- Participate in various projects related to various legal fields: labour law, commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
You dream of being part of a major expansion project and the establishment of a multinational in Canada? You like to do more and participate concretely in the success of your team? This position is for you!