Legal Counsel, Litigation
Please note that this position is filled
Our client, Devimco Group, a real estate promoter, developer and investor, who stands out for his large-scale projects and his most dynamic team, is currently looking for a Legal Counsel to take responsibility for a variety of litigation files at their Brossard office.
- Full time, Permanent
- A location in a trendy neighbourhood;
- Hybrid work from home policy;
- Generous annual leave program, including paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day;
- Summer schedule;
- Group insurance program and a competitive pension plan;
- Wellness Account;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Free parking;
- A stimulating and dynamic work environment, oriented towards performance and excellence.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in law and be a member in good standing of the Barreau du Québec;
- Have one (1) to three (3) years of experience in civil and commercial litigation within a law firm or the internal legal department of a large corporation;
- Experience in the field of construction law is an asset;
- Demonstrate proven business acumen and possess excellent analytical, drafting and negotiation skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external groups;
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with all levels of the company;
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically and communicate concisely;
- Have good organizational skills and work ethic;
- Possess an ability to prioritize multiple tasks, achieve goals quickly, proactively identify legal issues and provide effective solutions;
- Excellent French.
- Process litigation files from the various departments of the company, in particular by coordinating with them the research and analysis of the information necessary to process the files;
- Revise, draft various documents of a legal nature such as formal notices, notices of denunciation, transactions and receipts;
- Revise procedures in the context of litigation files;
- Mandate external advisors responsible for major files and manage the progress of these files in collaboration with them;
- Review, draft, manage and negotiate commercial contracts (e.g., service contracts, subcontracts, etc.);
- Provide legal advice on a variety of subjects to all departments of the company;
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external resources of the company;
- All other related tasks.
Would you like to be part of a dedicated and committed team, within a stimulating organization that shines throughout Quebec? This position is for you!