Legal Counsel, Risk Management and Insurance Claims
Our client, Devimco Group, a real estate promoter, developer and investor, who stands out for his large-scale projects and his most dynamic team, is currently looking for a Legal Counsel to take responsibility for the management of risks and insurance claims of the company and its subsidiaries at their Brossard office.
- Full time, Permanent
- A location in a trendy neighbourhood;
- Hybrid work from home policy;
- Generous annual leave program, including paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day;
- Summer schedule;
- Group insurance program and a competitive pension plan;
- Wellness Account;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Free parking;
- A stimulating and dynamic work environment, oriented towards performance and excellence.
- Hold a bachelor of laws and be a member in good standing of the Quebec Bar;
- Possess two (2) to five (5) years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrate a sense of organization, discretion, rigour, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Have excellent analytical, drafting and negotiation skills;
- Have an ability to manage several files at the same time in a constantly changing environment;
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team, while having the ability to work independently;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with various internal multidisciplinary teams, business partners, our insurance brokers and claims adjusters;
- Excellent French.
- Advise management in risk management at the corporate level, at the level of construction projects and for real estate sites under management;
- Manage the Group’s insurance portfolio: corporate, construction projects, real estate sites under management;
- Ensure the monitoring and updates of insurance policies in order to extend, modify or supplement them as necessary;
- Act as a point of contact with the insurance broker;
- Analyze insurance coverage (CGL, E&O, Builder’s Risk, Wrap-up etc.) applicable for potential claims;
- Obtain the contractual documents required for the start-up, during and at the end of a project;
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of claims related to disasters;
- Check and validate the re-invoicing between the different companies;
- Draft, analyze and negotiate insurance and liability clauses in any type of contract (subcontract, commercial leases, financing offer, etc.);
- Proceed to check the denunciations of contracts of suppliers and subcontractors;
- Follow up on the certifications and attestations of compliance of subcontractors.
Would you like to obtain a key role that allows you to have a global vision within a stimulating organization that shines throughout Quebec? Do you enjoy being the resource person within your team and having regular interactions with senior management? This position is for you!