Our client is a community organization that promotes values of commitment, openness, and collaboration. It is currently looking for an Accounting Technician to join its team located in Montreal.
- Full time, Permanent
- Accounting and Finance
- Friendly and rewarding work environment;
- Hybrid remote work policy and summer schedule;
- Four (4) weeks of vacation per year and closing of offices for the holidays;
- Possibility to get an attractive defined-benefit pension plan;
- Group insurance program;
- Reimbursement of some expenses for continuing education related to the company’s mission;
- Remote work supply provided.
- University degree in accounting (or in the process of getting it), a diploma (DCS) or an attestation (AEC) of college studies in accounting or any relevant experience;
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in accounting with a minimum of two (2) accounting cycles;
- Good command of French and understanding of English;
- General knowledge of computerized accounting systems, knowledge of the accounting software D365 Business Central, seen as an asset;
- Master of the Office Suite;
- Sensitivity to the company’s cause, discretion and good sense or organization;
- Rigour, ability to quickly gain autonomy, and developed sense of initiative;
- Ability to communicate clearly and willingness to work in a team.
- Assist the Controller and Assistant Controller in the monthly and annual company’s bookkeeping;
- Prepare the various account reconciliation statements that are required, as well as the company’s monthly and annual account reconciliation statements;
- Set up the progress report of monthly investments;
- Help in the preparation of statutory declarations and other legal and governmental declarations;
- Approve combinations of purchase orders and receiving reports;
- Prepare updated payments and withholding decisions for organizations;
- Review and analyze business trips reimbursements according to the internal policy in force;
- Review and prepare payments to organizations and accounts payable;
- Issue refill bills and assign received payments, as well as issue donation bills, sponsorship bills, etc.;
- Perform various administrative tasks such as sorting files, taking notes, entering data, etc..
You’d like to get involved in various accounting projects? You’d like to participate in an organization that leaves a lasting impact on the most vulnerable members of our society? Send us your application!