Director, Legal Affairs
Our client, a leader in real estate and commercial finance, is currently seeking a Director, Legal Affairs to join their team. This position can be filled in Montreal or Toronto.
- Full time, Permanent
- Montreal - Toronto
- Executive and High-Level Management, Legal
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible work schedule and hybrid working from home policy;
- Prestigious clientele and very large financing file;
- Competitive Register retirement with employer-employee contributions;
- Targeted bonuses between 25% and 50%;
- Four (4) weeks of vacation;
- Group insurance plan;
- Work environment based on innovation, involvement, and collaboration.
- Bachelor of Laws (civil and / or Common Law);
- Member in good standing for a minimum of ten (10) years of the Quebec or Ontario Bar;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in financing or real estate law;
- Developed analytical skills, autonomy, proactivity, excellent communication skills and a keen business sense;
- Bilingualism essential (French and English).
- Prepare and revise documents relating to real estate financing;
- Participate on Canadian transactions (70%) and Americans (30%), with possible intensification of services in the USA;
- Negotiate and set up structures, syndication and restructuring of loans;
- Write and present legal opinions as well as loan and guarantee documents, in addition to participating in the negotiation of guarantee documents;
- Supervise external mandates;
- Manage the process of signing and approving legal documents;
- Ensure compliance of financing approval documents;
- Act as a support for the various heads of departments.
Are you looking for your next challenge in a recognized organization? Is financing no longer a secret to you? We would love to chat with you!