Director, Legal Affairs
Our client, a leader in real estate and commercial finance, is currently seeking a Director, Legal Affairs for a fourteen (14) month maternity leave replacement with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position.
- Full time, Temporary
- Montreal - Toronto
- Executive and High-Level Management, Legal
- Competitive salary;
- Guaranteed bonus of 20% at the end of the contract;
- 100% work from home policy for the moment, and hybrid formula in 2022 when health & sanitary measures allow it (3 days at the office, 2 days at home);
- Prestigious clientele and very large financing file;
- Possibility of obtaining a permanent role at the end of the contract;
- Group insurance plan;
- Work environment based on innovation, involvement, and collaboration.
- Bachelor of Laws (civil and / or Common Law) and member of the Quebec or Ontario Bar;
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in financing or real estate law;
- Developed analytical skills, autonomy, proactivity, excellent communication skills and a keen business sense;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Prepare and revise documents relating to real estate financing;
- Negotiate and set up structures, syndication and restructuring of loans;
- Write and present legal opinions as well as loan and guarantee documents, in addition to participating in the negotiation of guarantee documents;
- Supervise external mandates;
- Manage the process of signing and approving legal documents;
- Ensure compliance of financing approval documents;
- Act as a support for the various head of departments;
- Participate in legislative monitoring.
Are you looking for your next challenge in a recognized organization? Is financing no longer a secret to you? We would love to chat with you!