Senior Legal Counsel
Please note that this position is filled
Our client, an engineering consulting firm specialized in various areas, including institutional projects, is currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join its Montreal offices.
- Full time, Permanent
- Attractive pension fund;
- Hybrid remote work policy;
- Full range of group insurance;
- Welfare activities frequently organized;
- Lots of room for new ideas and initiatives.
- Member of the Quebec Bar, and member of the Ontario Bar considered an asset;
- Bachelor of Law;
- At least five (5) years of experience as a legal advisor either in-house or in a law firm, with experience in mergers and acquisitions, as well as corporate finance;
- Fully bilingual (French/English), both spoken and written;
- Professionalism, autonomy, proactivity and good management of priorities;
- Flexibility and openness to change;
- Excellent writing and negotiation
- Provide strategic counsel on various types of legal and regulatory issues;
- Contribute to projects related to the company’s purpose, including commercial law, corporate law, litigation, and mergers and acquisitions;
- Provide a sustained and credible leadership from a legal point of view;
- Negotiate, draft and review various trade agreements;
- Take part in various presentations for the board of directors and shareholders;
- Draft and negotiate various agreements in the context of mergers and acquisitions;
- Assess the company’s needs for external legal services;
- Prepare and draft relevant reports, templates and research documents tailored to specific needs;
- Participate in negotiation, meditation or arbitration sessions;
- Perform all other related tasks.
You’d like to evolve in a company that fosters an open-door policy? You have excellent communication skills and outstanding customer service? We want to meet you!