Legal Counsel, Litigation
Please note that this position is filled
Our client who is located on Rive-Sud of Montreal is looking for a Legal Counsel in litigation to join its team.
- Full time, Permanent
- Friendly working atmosphere and team events organized on a regular basis;
- Hybrid remote work and wellness account;
- Four (4) weeks of vacation as of hiring;
- Work schedule granting Friday afternoon off during the summer season and five (5) long weekends added annually;
- Group insurance and long-term disability program entirely paid by the employer;
- Competitive retirement plan with employer contributions;
- Free parking and a storage unit for bicycles.
- Member of the Barreau du Québec;
- Four (4) to seven (7) years of experience in a law firm or within the in-house legal department of a large corporation;
- Relevant experience in construction law, civil/commercial litigation, insolvency, special remedies, services and business contracts, etc.;
- Knowledge of standardized contracts (CCDC and CCA), an asset;
- Outstanding organizational skills and good work ethic;
- Ability to work independently with good priority management, and to adapt quickly in an intense and sustained work environment;
- Use a critical thinking and have solid analytic and editorial competencies, as well as strong negotiation skills;
- Impeccable French.
- Process the litigation files of various departments of the company by researching and analyzing information relevant to the files;
- Draft and review various legal documents, such as formal notices, denunciations, transactions, etc.;
- Delegate large-scale files to external lawyers and ensure their management with their collaboration;
- Make recommendations to senior management regarding the management of litigation files, and provide various legal advice to all departments;
- Act as a point of contact for the company resources in addition to developing and implementing company procedures;
- All other related tasks.
The field of construction law has no secrets for you? You are known for your business sense and your analytical mind? Do not wait any longer, this job offer is for you!